Monday, August 29, 2011

JC Heights Liquor Store review

I live within walking distance of about 15 liquor stores.  These are my favorites:

Lee's Liquors(Congress and New York)- This is the closest to my apartment and the one I visit the most.  Good selection of 1/2 pints, $2.50 Olde English 40's(cheapest in the neighborhood), and a bunch of different tallboys.  But the best thing about this place is their buy a bottle of wine and get a tie for 10 cents promotion.  That's right, when you walk in you see tons of ties around the bottles of wine.  I don't get it but it makes me laugh every time.

Ace(Congress and Cambridge)- Ace is the place.  Tons of 1/2 pints(more then I think I've ever seen in a liquor store), Colt 45 and O.E. 22's, and a nice dude behind the counter.  Probably my favorite liquor store in the neighborhood.

Willie's Liquors(Central Ave)- They got Boone's Farm here($4).  That's the only thing I've ever bought here because I gotta pass Lee's and Ace to get here.

The Palisade(Palisade and Hutton)- This is probably the best liquor store in the heights.  Great selection of beer, from cheap shit to lot's of micro brews, 22's, plus it's one of the only liquor stores with a ample selection of actual hard liquor.  Good prices too.  This is the store I go to when my girl wants beer.

Central Ave Wines(Central Ave)- Alright, this one is not really walking distance but it's got 3 things these other stores don't have.  1. A website(Centralavewines.com).  How many liquor stores have one of them.  2.  Billboards.  Yeah that's right, billboard advertisments all over the city.  You know these guys gotta be ballin' with billboard money. 3.  Coupons.  I got to admit, the first time I bough beer with a coupon I was a little embarresed but twelve Coors 24oz tallboys for $9.99 is nothing to be embarresed about.

No comments:

Post a Comment