Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Issue #1 Post No Bills Interview

This interview took place in PNoB’s jam spot, which is at Eric’s house in the middle of fucking nowhere, during one of their practices.

LP: So I like your guys jam spot, I also like how you have to pass the police station to leave, how ya’ll feel about that?
E: I don’t
S: Pshhh
B: I go out the other way
S: I pass the police station
LP: Yea, I’m gonna pass it too.  Can I get another beer, speaking of passing the police station?  Anyway, how bout Johnny Vena playing some “Cold Nights” the other night?
B: That’s some shit I’ve seen pictures of.  I wish there was video cuz I don’t remember it.  I was pretty drunk.
LP: I was pretty drunk too, but I kinda remember it sounding good.  Do you think he sits at home, practices and waits for the call to play?
B: Well his equipment’s been here for like 2 ½ years, so he’s been practicing hard.
LP: Now since we (the STD’s) have Bobby playing drums and were an even 4 on 4, what’s up with some band competitions? 
E: Like Modern Warfare?
B: Can we have weed Olympics.  Me vs. all the STD’s.
LP: Like a drinking contest.
E: How bout like a drunken song off.  We could have the contest before a show.
B: We could play a song every 5 shots.  Someone gotta drive me around that day.
LP: It’s gotta be at a place we can sleep at.  I guess we should open it up to all 4 piece bands.  The challenge goes out.
E: We should just have beer Olympics on the way to Ohio
S: No puking in the van
B: We’ll get a bucket and throw it out the window.  We can see which band can puke the most
I: No, but before that trip I’m really getting a van from work, drilling a hole in the floor and putting a funnel.
S: We gotta drill a bigger hole, with a seat, and we can put a door…
I: You just wanna shit.  No shitting in the van.
B: I just really want to see Scotty’s shit hit the ground while driving on the highway
E: We should drink the same amount and see who could hold their piss the longest.
LP: I hear that you should not play that cuz you had to piss every 20 miles on last year’s tour.  That’s good though because I gotta piss all the time.  We’re gonna be stopping a lot on tour.
I: No stopping, just kneel down and pee in the funnel.
E: I one time held me pee for 3 hours and when I got out of the car I could barely walk.
LP: Great story Eric.  So there are 8 of us going to Ohio.  Who’s the first to snap?  What’s the over/under on the mileage?  I say it’s Slagle before we even leave the area code.
B: Last year we bet Eric and we were right.  Team Post No Bills I bet Eric, Team STD its Slagle.
Everyone: Yea, I got Slagle
I: It’s not fair cuz you could push someone to snap
E: I don’t know, last year you (Ian) snapped pretty good. 
LP: What over the foot snuggling?
E: I would just bring it up and Ian would be all “I didn’t fucking foot snuggle!”
I: That was after like 3 days of it though.
B: You and Dave both snapped in DC.  You were like “We’re going home NOW!”
E: It was in Rockport or Rockville, MD, you and Dave “Where are the bars, where are the fucking good bars?”
I: That place with the shitty pizza place?
B: That was Maryland? I thought it was Virginia.  I didn’t know what state I was in.  That was the day I walked around with a bottle of Jameson.  Yea, that day never happened.
LP: Sounds like a pretty forgetful day.  That’s how I want our tour to go.  I wanna remember leaving and possibly, possibly pulling back in.
I: It was pretty intense.
E: You wanna at least remember getting to Skatetopia
S: I have a scar to remember Skatetopia.
E: When you fell?
S: When I tripped and fell to 10 feet backwards down a hill onto my back
E: I was just laughing.  I got a Skatetopia long sleeve to remember it.
B: We didn’t skate at Skatetopia and we still had 2 injuries
LP: You guys wanna talk quickly about your CD Welcome To Rockbottom?
B: I made to cover say Wecome To Rockbottom
LP: How did that happen?
B: I printed up a copy, everyone glanced at it said “OK” so I ok’d it.
1,000 copies later, we realized it.
E: I brought it to Immortal Ink and my ex was like “um… did you guys see this?
LP: You guys didn’t even notice?
B: We had had them for a couple of hours.  It was right everywhere else.  Fuck it, I reprinted 1,000 copies and stuffed ‘em.  The covers came out better anyway.
LP: Fuck it it’s over now.  The CD looks good, sounds good, y’all had and awesome release show so, Fuck it.  Anyway, any thanks going out?
S: I gotta thank Lindsey
B: Scotty’s trying to get laid off an interview.  I gotta thank Josh Kohn from Immortal Ink.  Thanks Josh
I: Thanks Sam from Killers and Saints
LP: Well thanks to you guys for your time

No comments:

Post a Comment